Friday, July 9, 2010

New York


pic from @barby312

I know that this blog is really late, but I've been trying to figure out how I was gonna put into words what was an incredibly wonderful experience. I haven't figured that out yet because 'incredibly wonderful' still doesn't do the experience justice.

I guess I'll start with us getting to New York. It seemed like the month before the trip was plagued with nothing but obstacles, from a broken foot (how does that happen??), health problems and car problems, to a freaking pilot strike (which I won't comment on cuz I'll get off on an angry tangent). But despite the obstacles and with help from Jess' mom (whom I'm still extremely thankful for) we were able to finally get to New York.

I'll be here for another week if I try to recount everything that happened once we were there. I say that because it was more of the small moments with the awesome people I was there with that made the experience as amazing as it was. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the big moments, like when BSB joined NKOTB on stage (still aren't words to describe that feeling), but I could have gone to New York alone and still enjoyed those moments, the trip would have been mediocre at best without my girls.

The Meet and Greet was AWESOME! I (of course) acted like a complete bumbling crazy fan girl but the guys were amazing as always, Jordan said my name (which added to my craziness) Joe got me love from Danny, who I ended up leaning away from (WTF!?!?) cuz I was busy telling Donnie (again) "I Love Donnie Wahlberg." (Sorry Danny :( I need a do over for that) and even tho I'm next to my Jordan in the first picture I adore our second picture because everyone is smiling and we all look very happy.



(Jess' face in the below picture makes me giggle tho)


The shows themselves were unbelievable!! Especially when Jordan pointed to me while singing "cuz I couldn't stop thinking 'bout you." (I know you love that Jess LOL.) The guys were on point as usual, they made us laugh, they made us cry, we danced (altho I was able to keep my jewelry and panties unlike some ppl *ahem*Jess*ahem*, we sang, we were surprised, we were shocked and we were amazed. We had a Damn good time!

The nights after the shows were spent having a blast terrorizing the front desk people (who I'm sure miss us), eating $50 pizza (at the recommendation of the front desk person), playing with the ridiculous amount of glow sticks we had and being accused of stealing Pooh bear. When we weren't at a show we were introducing Kelly to the song Toasties, walking across the street with Rudy Giuliani, snapping pictures of an out of work Elmo (and then running), being told to enjoy our toilet paper (huh?), meeting a Rockette, trying out the street vendors food, touring NBC studios, forming the newest Pop sensation 99cent Dreams, building Nu'ber Onzblock (99cent Dreams official mascot), meeting people face to face that we'd been following on twitter for over a year, and what was probably my favorite part; meeting awesome Blockheads (including the Fabulous Liz and Andrea!).

We met a lot of really awesome people on that trip and had a lot of really good times, I wouldn't change a minute of anything that happened (with the exception of Erin's broken foot and not having her at our Time Square sing-a-long.) The trip was perfect.

Thank you Erin for always being my ride or die Biotch! An NKOTB adventure is not an NKOTB adventure without you.
Thank you Jess for being my travel buddy. We did it, but I wouldn't have made it without!
Thank you Kelly for putting up with my spastic, crazy I'm a Jordan girl but "I Love Donnie Wahlberg" self.
To my girls that couldn't join us on this adventure, we missed you and I hope you can join me on whatever adventure is next.
Love you girls and can't wait to go on another NKOTB adventure with you!! (Boston anyone??)

No comments:

Post a Comment